About the Caterpillar Autism Learning Center
One of the hardest jobs as a parent is finding quality pre-academic services when your child has special needs.
At the Caterpillar Autism Leaning Center, we are offering an autism-friendly learning environment as an alternative to traditional preschool-like settings.
We take every opportunity to integrate social skills and cooperative play into your child’s day, while teaching them the academic skills to be success in school. We strive to teach our children all skills that are necessary to be independent in life, while creating a safe and nurturing environment.
At the Caterpillar Autism Learning Center, your child will benefit from:
- 1:1 support from behavior technicians trained on principles of applied behavior analysis
- BCBA oversight of individualized goals, instruction, and programming
- Opportunities for facilitated social skills with peers
- Play-based and child led learning
- Focus on building pre-academic skills to prepare your child for more traditional academic settings
Learning is split between whole group and individualized instruction. Some areas we focus on include:
- Pre-academic skills – attending to and following tasks
- Building Independence – following classroom routines, fine and gross motor skills, problem solving
- Social and emotional skills – pretend play, interacting with others, taking turns, sharing, building empathy and perspective taking
- Communication skills - talking, listening, requesting help, understanding others
- Self-help and adaptive skills - eating, dressing, potty training
Two locations are enrolling now and have no waitlist:
- 706 Oglesby Ave Suite 200, Normal, IL 61761
- 8500 N Knoxville Ave, Peoria, IL 61615