With the holidays right around the corner, there are so many family activities to look forward to as we near the end of the year. We have compiled a few basic tips to help defend your child’s health in this transitioning weather.
With the holidays right around the corner, there are so many family activities to look forward to as we near the end of the year. This is also the time that the seasons are transitioning and the weather begins to change.
In order to help your family and loved ones enjoy this holiday season and participate in all the fun festivities, we have compiled a few basic tips to help defend your child’s health in this transitioning weather.
1. Keep Hands Clean
· Advise your child to wash their hands before and after eating, after arriving home from school, and after playing outside or with family pets.
· Make hand washing fun! Singing a song on the topic can help.
· Buy a preferred hand sanitizer for your child for easy access to clean hands. Give them scent options and allow them to pick out their favorite!
· Keep it in their backpack, lunchbox, gym bag, and other areas they access throughout their day.
2. Prevent Germs from Spreading
· Advise your child to cover their mouth and/or nose when sneezing and coughing.
· Praise your child every time you see them covering.
· Again, singing songs can help make this habit fun for your child!
· Keep tissues handy for your child. This will help your child blow or wipe their nose while their handsstay clean and safe from germs.
· Pick a tissue brand that feels best against your child’s skin. Some tissue boxes even have characters or designs on them. To encourage usage, pick one your child likes!
With the weather changing, we know that it can be hard to avoid illnesses. However, we can try our best with these tips and make the process fun for our little ones! We wish you and your family a season of health. For more tips like these, sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of our blog page.